Kittredge Community Bible Church • May 02, 2019
Today, May 2, is the National Day of Prayer so it's time to pray as a nation! Here's a guide to help us pray with this year's theme in mind...
1. PRAY FOR AMERICA TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER
“Love one another. Just as I have loved you,” John 13:34
- Jesus tells us to love one another just like He loves us. This includes every person in America as well as every person in the world.
- Jesus wants us to love every person sacrificially, willfully, and unconditionally because this is the same way He loves us.
- Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to empower us to do the things that only God can do through us. Therefore, call upon God to move in our nation miraculously, replacing hate with love, division with unity, and criticism of one another with love for one another.
2. PRAY FOR THE CHURCH IN AMERICA TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER
“By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35
- Jesus is telling His disciples, His church, that the distinctive mark that sets us apart from everyone else is only one thing: Love for one another.
- Appeal to God to convict each of us as His church to turn from the way we are treating one another and turn to loving one another. If we are an unloving and divided church, we forfeit the right to call an unloving and divided nation to love and to unity.
- Call upon God for the 300,000+ churches in America to love one another and to cooperate together when possible for the greater purpose of praying for America.
3. PRAY FOR FAMILIES, WORKPLACES, COMMUNITIES, AND CITIES IN AMERICA TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER
“Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
- When we belong to Jesus, we belong to love; therefore, call upon God for the families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to know that love is always God’s way.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to God, who is love, so they can experience the transforming power of love.
- Ask God for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities to begin to choose love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity, and a future together transformed by the power of unconditional love.
- Ask God to raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
4. PRAY FOR ALL ETHNICITIES AND PEOPLE IN AMERICA TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER
“Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” 1 Corinthians 13:6-8
- Since God’s love is built on God’s truth and we are made in the image of God, all humans are of one race; therefore, loving one another is not optional because love never ends.
- Call upon God to bring us back to the cross of Jesus Christ, where His unconditional, powerful love has torn down all the walls that divide us and opened up a new pathway for us to love one another.
- Ask God to give us the power to repent of anything in our past and choose a new future together where love will not just bind up our nation’s wounds, but this transforming love will lead to the day when justice will roll down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.
5. PRAY WE WILL LOVE GOD AND EACH OTHER SO MUCH THAT WE WILL AGREE CLEARLY, UNITE VISIBLY, AND PRAY EXTRAORDINARILY FOR THE NEXT GREAT SPIRITUAL AWAKENING IN AMERICA
“Besides this, since you know the time, it is already the hour for you to wake up from sleep, because now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.” Romans 13:11
- Knowing we are living in a significant moment in history, now is the time for each follower of Christ to wake up in our spiritual lives, knowing our greatest need and hope in America is the next Great Spiritual Awakening.
- Convict the church in America to wake up spiritually, agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next Great Spiritual Awakening to occur in our generation.
- Call upon the Sovereign God of Heaven to shape the future of America mightily through the next Great Spiritual Awakening, just as He did in history through past Great Spiritual Awakenings.
Kittredge Community Bible Church • January 19, 2019
ORIGINS: On January 13, 1984, President Ronald Reagan issued a proclamationdesignating January 22 as the first National Sanctity of Human Life Day. (January 22, 1973, was the day the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion-on-demand in all 50 states.) Churches around the United States use the day to celebrate God's gift of life, commemorate the many lives lost to abortion, and commit themselves to protecting human life at every stage.
UPCOMING DATE: Churches continue to recognize the third Sunday in January as Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. In 2019, the date will be January 20.
Kittredge Community Bible Church • January 15, 2019
Have you ever felt like a stranger in a foreign land? Well, you are! God tells us this world is not our home, that we belong to a heavenly kingdom. But living in a foreign land isn't easy so we need all the help we can get! God inspired Daniel to be written to both comfort and encourage us. So this series will be an exciting study of how to be comforted knowing God will keep his promises and also encouraged to keep living faithfully in a world that isn't our own. Hope you'll join us starting January 20th.
Pastor Tim • January 08, 2019
Check out this article written about Wanda in the Canyon Courier: https://www.canyoncourier.com/content/retired-teacher-stays-connected-her-former-students-all-these-years-later
Pastor Tim • December 14, 2018
For the next few weeks we will be focussing on The Great Names of Jesus Christ in Isaiah 9:6. "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." This Sunday we will take a look at what it means to trust in Jesus as our "Wonderful Counselor." Hope to see you there!