The leadership of KCBC has decided it will be best to take a little break from Thursday Night Bible Study and Sunday School this summer. Attendance usually decreases over the summer as we try to fulfill our family obligations, travel, etc. and which makes maintaining continuity difficult.
Here are some of the benefits and activities we plan to do instead...
- Use some of the extra time to plan and build excitement/momentum for when we restart weekly Bible Study and Sunday School
- Allow for extra fellowship time before church starting at 9:15 a.m.
- Use available time for home visits from Pastor Tim and Aletha during the week
- Give the students and teachers a much needed break
- Have a couple extra potlucks on Sunday June 10th and July 15th
We will have Sunday School for the next couple weeks but not on May 27th. We will restart on Sunday, Sept 2, the first Sunday after the campout. We will also take a break from Thursday Night Bible Study starting starting immediately and resuming Thursday, August 30th. Men's breakfast will continue to meet as we normally do.
Please be praying with us that we will use the extra time wisely, especially for increased fellowship and for building excitement when we restart.